- designing the overall technical architecture for the product, working closely with architecture and development teams;
- ensuring that all components of the technical architecture are properly integrated and implemented;
- defining the development tools and environment;
- managing the architectural design and driving the component selection process;
- coaching the technical team in the development of the technical architecture;
- resolving technical issues;
- providing technical support and technical quality control throughout all stages of the product development;
- coordinating vendor services related to technology selection and implementation;
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- 8 years plus experience in IT
- wide range of experience in Client/Server architecture (2 and 3 tier)
- ability to lay out a technical hardware infrastructure design from the ground up
- knowledgeable on Oracle/Sybase databases, Windows NT, UNIX, programming
languages like C and C++ as well as TCP/IP networking
- excellent written and verbal communications skills
- ability to work effectively in a team environment and provide leadership
Knowledge of the following would be highly beneficial:
- Physical connectivity issues (LAN topologies, writing standards).
- WAN technologies such as DDS, Frame Relay, ATM.
- User interface issues, GUI and related standards.
- Experience with Internet/Intranet/Extranet security technologies such as firewall, viruswalls, remote access, authentication.
- Experience in mapping process requirements to physical architecture.
- Experience defining and selecting hardware and software packages.
- Work effort estimating skills and writing skills.
10-15 years' experience in designing and deploying overall systems architecture for mission critical client/server business applications. Significant strengths in a wide variety of tools, technologies and techniques including GUI design, UNIX, RAD, LANs/WANs, RDBMS, prototyping, data modeling and systems development life cycles and methodologies.
Working knowledge of all the key distributed systems building blocks, their main strengths and weaknesses, their applicability, how they can be used together, and the leading products in each area. Design experience is required in any of the following:
- * Shrink-wrapped applications and integration tools and techniques; application servers (such as mail, workflow, imaging, groupware, electronic commerce);
- Interconnection approaches (such as RPCs, messaging, TP monitors, gateways); interfacing client/server technology with legacy mainframe systems;
- Distributed services;
- Windows NT and UNIX; and application development environments (including C, C++, JAVA, and object-oriented tools). Candidate will also manage the architectural design and component-selection process, provide technical leadership through all phases of system implementation, design overall technical architecture for an enterprise-wide project, and assess developing technology trends.
A degree in Computer Science/Engineering or a combination of Community College and experience is required.
Submit your resume »