New Version of Service Monitoring Solution Builds on Microsoft Mediaroom 2.0 Integration and Supports Comprehensive Customer Management Capabilities
LAS VEGAS, NV - Mariner, a leading provider of innovative IP video solutions and technologies, today announced that the general availability of Mariner xVu™ Release 4, the company's innovative IPTV service monitoring solution, now supports the Microsoft Mediaroom 2.0 platform as well as remote set-top box access to allow for remote reboot, remote channel change and a new application to manage the customer's account.
The new release also features full integration with Microsoft Mediaroom™, bringing early issues detection and targeted corrective action to Mediaroom service providers. Release 4 also introduces the latest application to the Mariner xVu family, Mariner AccountVu, used by Mediaroom operators for managing the customer's account information such as purchases, service pack management, password management and PVR recording management.
- Mariner's xVu is an award-winning IPTV service assurance platform that is currently deployed with service providers across Canada, the U.S., the Caribbean and in Asia-Pacific markets. The solution is also in lab trials with service providers in Europe.
- Mariner is a Microsoft Mediaroom partner in both Test and Measurement and Application development.
- By deploying Mariner's xVu, operators are able to provide Quality of Experience (QoE) insight to head-end technicians, network operations, field technicians and customer service representatives, enabling them to proactively and efficiently confirm and isolate network issues before they negatively affect the end user's experience. This insight significantly lowers OPEX costs by reducing costly truck rolls and customer churn.
- Mariner xVu Release 4 also offers simplified navigation, providing operators with strategic insight into both the technical delivery of the service as well as the usage of it. A faster diagnosis means a simpler user experience.
- Mariner xVu Release 4 also features an enhanced user interface tuned to take advantage of the new Mediaroom 2.0 enhanced monitoring features.
"The introduction of Mariner xVu Release 4 demonstrates Mariner's clear focus on delivering value to leading middleware platforms and leveraging industry standards to bring effective solutions to our customers," states Curtis Howe, President and CEO of Mariner. "This enhanced version of our proven service monitoring solution delivers advanced remote set-top box monitoring capabilities for IPTV service providers, which helps keep their OPEX low so they can remain competitive with their cable and satellite counterparts."
Mariner is a leading provider of innovative IP video solutions and technologies that deliver unique value to the expanding IPTV industry. Mariner's flagship TV care product, Mariner xVu™, specializes in Next-Gen IPTV service monitoring. Mariner's architecture and toolset enables service providers to better assure the viewing experience, isolate troubles and guide cost effective resolution such as "smart" truck rolls. Mariner's frostt™ platform delivers interactive TV, social networking and self-service capabilities to the TV in a highly compelling viewing experience.
Microsoft and Mediaroom are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies.
For more information on Mariner, please contact:
Marie Jo Thibault, Director Marketing communications, Mariner